28.12.09

Letters to a General Pt. 1

This particular day Hogan's Heroes is on. I didn't quite get the concept of the episode but it seemed to very amusing to you. I ate popcorn and you were smashing pecans. During a commercial break you look at me and ask, "Are you my baby girl?" to which I reply, "of course I am." Hogan's Heroes returns and we settle into our places on the couch and enjoy the rest of the episode. General Lee has decided to a break from his fighting to spend a little time with his favorite girl...

This may seem strange or even a little boring to some people but to me it was essential. General Lee and I were together everyday until I was 11 when cancer took him from this life. Over Christmas break I was sharing stories with my mother about my memories of General Lee and suggested that I put them on paper and I agreed. Its been about three years since I have blogged and this memories have prompted me to start back again. My general will also be the first man I loved desperately and I hope with this entries and the ones ensuing will give you a glimpse of the man I call General Lee.

With Love

Ladycakes

P.S. Any suggestions or comments hit me up here or on twitter.com/blacknerdgirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment